Recipe: Fusilli with Mackerel and Anchovies

I love pasta and with cupboard ingredients it is possible to prepare so many delicious sauces that you can cook pasta every day and still make it with a new recipe. Today I've decided to make a sauce with a tin of mackerel and anchovies in oil, adding chopped tomatoes and the unmissable garlic and chilli. Obviously you can find these ingredients in any supermarket and they don't have to be that specific brand.
I've used Extra Virgin Olive Oil  Di Molfetta from Apulia, Organic Fusilli Santamaria from Apulia, a tin of Mackerel in oil by Angelo Parodi, then a tin of chopped tomatoes, capers and anchovies in oil bought at Tesco, rock salt, one clove of garlic and one chilli.
As usual I've put a pan with plenty of water on the hob and I've added a handful of Rock Salt and while I've waited for it to boil I've started making the sauce.
In my wok I've put a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil Di Molfetta and I've added the clove of Garlic and the Chilli, being careful not to burn the garlic.
After a couple of minutes I've added the Mackerel fillets by Angelo Parodi and three Anchovies Fillets by Tesco and I've cooked them for a couple of minutes.
After I've added the Tesco Chopped Tomatoes and I've stirred the sauce. Remember not to add salt because anchovies and mackerel have got it already and the balance is just right.
Add the Capers after you've drained the liquid. You can put as many as you want, I've used  two spoonfuls of them.
At last add a sprinkle of Oregano and mix everything, keeping the sauce on the hob until it becomes less liquid. Let's say about ten minutes. This gives the water time to boil.
When the water boils add the Fusilli Santamaria and stir with a skimmer for the time indicated on the packet. Remember that every brand has its own timing but it is always around 11 minutes. Drained very "al dente" because they are going to be put in the wok for a final stir. So if the packet says 11 minutes you taste it and when the pasta is still a bit hard drain it.
Stir the sauce with the pasta until it is perfectly mixed.
Enjoy ! If you like you can sprinkle some chopped parsley on top.











Comments

Popular Posts