La Patagonia Argentinian Restaurant

I haven't written anything in the last year so I have thought that what is better than reading about a nice independent restaurant I have visited very recently to start giving some life again to this blog? I have been invited to La Patagonia restaurant at 31 Camden High Street NW1 7JE London.

The outside of the restaurant is inspired by the iconic Number 10 football shirt owned by Diego Armando Maradona and one of his shirts is framed and hung on the wall of the cosy restaurant with its exposed brick walls, wooden floor and a very warm atmosphere. 


 The menu has got so many choices and it’s quite hard to make a decision. Also the prices are very reasonable and the portions are generous, making it a win-win situation. For starter I have opted for the Arepa La Patagonia, a fluffy corn pancake with rocket salad, piquillo peppers and melted goat cheese. It was delicious and I was almost sad to eat the last forkful because I couldn’t bear to have eaten it and my plate was going to be empty.   


 My friend decided to order the Asado de Tira which is a characteristic cut of the Argentine cuisine and also one of the impossible challenges of the griller: being able to make this tasty cut of meat tender and pleasantly chewable. Mission accomplished according to my friend who enjoyed this perfectly grilled dish with a side of green salad.

 

I was very happy with my choice. I have ordered La Brocheta de Carne, juicy skewered pieces of beef fillet wrapped in bacon, Spanish sausage, onion and pepper, served with chips, but I could have asked for mashed potatoes or green salad.  Being in an Argentinian restaurant where the speciality is grilled meat we couldn’t order anything else. Everything was perfect and for sure I will add this place to my list of great places to go. The selection of Argentinian wines was excellent and the warmth from the staff really appreciated. It is well worth a visit next time you are in Camden, they are opened every day of the week, check the website for times and to book your table. www.lapatagonia.co.uk

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts