Flavoured Oils by Tenuta Bianco

Food trade fairs are a mine for finding extraordinary products, often from family run business. At the Speciality & Fine Food Fair I have attended I came across the Tenuta Bianco extra virgin olive oils and I've fallen in love with them. A part from a story of heritage and family values, the girls who run this company, set in a beautiful part of Italy, in Apulia, from the farm established by their grandparents, have got guts, firmness and a knack for revamp their products.
This is part of the flavoured extra virgin olive oils range. I love them all and they are very versatile in the kitchen. They make these oils using the produce from their olive trees and adding 1 % of essential oils cold pressed from spices or juice extracted from fruits. But their products are not only flavoured oils but the classic extra virgin olive oil is a stalwart in their catalogue and they 've got delicious olives in jars and pate.

The Lavender Oil is my favourite. You just shake this lovely tin in order to mix the essential oils e then you give life to a plate of boring boiled potatoes. Only a drizzle and this very sad meal becomes a gourmet dish thanks to the lavender scent of this fabulous oil.
The Flavoured Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Mint essential oil is another deliciousness from Tenuta Bianco. It can jazz up the capricciosa pizza that you buy at the supermarket and mint is delicious with lamb and with artichokes. So I've tried it with pizza but if you grilled some lamb chops and then you season them with the Mint oil you are in for a real treat. Or try it with an artichoke salad.
The Lemon Oil is great with fish and salad. Just to make a quick bite, I've simply seasoned a rocket salad with the Tenuta Bianco Lemon Oil and I must admit it was a perfect combination between the peppery taste of the salad and the oil with a citric hint.   Drizzle it on top of salmon fillets or on a grilled beef steak.
One thing I really like is dipping nice bread in extra virgin olive oil, sometimes I do that and I treat it like dinner. So when I've bought some nice fresh bread from Tesco, the Olive one, I've thought to dip in this Ginger Olive Oil by Tenuta Bianco and the result has been yummy to the third degree. Look how beautiful the colour of this oil is. It is pressed only once in order to preserve all the good stuff in it. Now talking about the practical things, you will wonder that if the oil is Italian you can't find it here but luckily the great girls at Tenuta Bianco thought of design a website with an English version as well as a e-shop so that you can buy their products who will arrive by courier in no time. Check it out at www.tenutabianco.it/en  and I hope you will become a fan like I am.




Comments

Popular Posts