Recipe: Fusilli Pasta with Roman Broccolo

Broccolo Romanesco is not very easy to find, so when I've seen it at Borough Market I've bought it straightaway. I haven't eaten it for ages and as well as great  stirred in a pan with oil, chilli and garlic, I've decided to make a pasta.
The ingredients I've used are all easy to find. A Romanesco Broccolo is a must and you can recognise it because it has all its green florets quite defined. Then I've used some Extra Virgin Olive Oil, my choice went for the Castel Ruggero PellegriniCapers and Anchovies Fillets in Oil from Tesco, Fusilli Pasta Rummo, Garlic and Chillies.
I've put the florets of the broccolo in water in order to wash them properly, while I've put plenty of water to boil on the hob with a handful of rock salt.
I've added the florets to the water and I've let them cook until tender while I've prepared the other ingredients.
In my trustworthy wok I've put some extra virgin olive oil, garlic, chillies and a couple of anchovies fillets in oil and I've let them melt.
I've pick up the florets from the boiling water with a skimmer and I've put them in the wok adding the capers. I did not put salt in it because anchovies, capers and the broccoli already had it. While I've waited for the sauce to gain flavour, I've used the same water to boil the broccolo, to cook the pasta.
One minute before the pasta was ready, I've drained it and added to the wok mixing it so that the whole sauce could embrace the fusilli.
Ready, add a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on top and serve it. The presence of the anchovies, prevent from top it with Parmesan cheese. If you 've got some breadcrumbs you can sprinkle them instead of the cheese.







Comments

Popular Posts